What If I am Facing Sexual Harassment at Work?

If it is safe let the perpetrator know that what they are doing is not okay, they are breaking the law by engaging in this kind of conduct/ speaking to you this way.

Report this conduct to your supervisor.

What if the supervisor is the person sexually harassing me?

Workplace sexual harassment policies should have a protocol in place for this.

Consult your workplace’s policy. If you are still unsure, you can contact your workplace’s Human Resources department to determine the reporting structure.

What if my employer doesn’t do anything?

File a complaint with the Ministry of Employment and Social Development – Labour:

The Northumberland Community Legal Centre can offer free and confidential advice relating to your workplace legal rights. Call us today at 905 373-4464!