Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
Let Us Help with your taxes...
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX PROGRAM
Please Note: This years program will be conducted by a drop box service process.
This means that in order to have your taxes completed, you must gather all your information, put it in a envelope, full name and telephone put on the front, then the envelope should be put in the drop box that is outside of our office during business hours. A tax volunteer will call you to complete the rest of the intake process.
The Help Centre offers FREE income tax filing services for low-income residents in Northumberland County.
Family size includes an individual, or a couple, and their dependents:
- 1 person-$35,000
- 2 person- $45,000
- 3 person-$47,500
- 4 person-$50,000
- 5 person-$52,500
- More than 5 person-$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person
We are not able to prepare returns for individuals who have:
- Self-employment income
- Business or rental income and expenses
- Capital gains or losses
- Employment expenses
- Filed for bankruptcy and have not been discharged and are deceased in the year
- Deceased individuals
By filing your income tax return you are automatically entitled to receive other credits or benefits that may be relevant to you:
- Child Tax Benefit (CTB): the amount varies depending on your income
- Senior Homeowner's Property Grant Tax: amount varies up to $500
- Old Age Security Guaranteed Income Supplement: amount varies depending on income
- GST – Federal: amount varies depending on income and it is received quarterly
- Trillium – Provincial: amount varies depending on income and it is received monthly or lump-sum
Visit us at 1005 Elgin Street, Suite 301 (Fleming Building) to start the process and bring your income slips and/or any other income-related documents, as well as your medical, rental and day-care receipts, tuition and education amounts and charitable donations. During peak times the process may take at least 2 weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 905-372-2646.