Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
Let Us Help with your taxes...
OUR COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX PROGRAM WILL OPEN ON MARCH 1, 2023.
The Help Centre offers FREE income tax filing services for low-income residents in Northumberland County.
Family size includes an individual, or a couple, and their dependents:
- 1 person-$35,000
- 2 person- $45,000
- 3 person-$47,500
- 4 person-$50,000
- 5 person-$52,500
- More than 5 person-$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person
We are not able to prepare returns for individuals who have:
- Self-employment income
- Business or rental income and expenses
- Capital gains or losses
- Employment expenses
- Filed for bankruptcy and have not been discharged and are deceased in the year
- Deceased individuals
By filing your income tax return you are automatically entitled to receive other credits or benefits that may be relevant to you:
- Child Tax Benefit (CTB): the amount varies depending on your income
- Senior Homeowner's Property Grant Tax: amount varies up to $500
- Old Age Security Guaranteed Income Supplement: amount varies depending on income
- GST – Federal: amount varies depending on income and it is received quarterly
- Trillium – Provincial: amount varies depending on income and it is received monthly or lump-sum
Visit us at 1005 Elgin Street, Suite 301 (Fleming Building) to start the process and bring your income slips and/or any other income-related documents, as well as your medical, rental and day-care receipts, tuition and education amounts and charitable donations. During peak times the process may take at least 2 weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 905-372-2646.