Low-income Energy Assistance Program

Let us shed some light!


The Low Income Energy Programs ensure residents have an opportunity to maintain housing in periods of crisis when presented with a utility disconnection notice. Assistance could be through financial grants funded by utility companies or advocacy with utility companies.

The assistance is only available if you are facing service disconnection. This program is not meant to provide you with ongoing help to pay your bills.

Documents you need to bring to your appointment:

  • Identification of each of the members of the household
  • Current electricity and gas bills
  • Your disconnection notice
  • A copy of a rental contract, lease or mortgage documents
  • Proof of household income – cheque stub, employment letter, income tax return for adult members of household
  • A copy of your most recent bank statement


LEAP EAP Income eligibility criteria
(Union Gas, Hydro One, Enbridge Gas, Lakefront Utilities, Veredian Connections)


For more information, please contact us at 905-372-2646 to make an appointment.